Monday, January 12, 2009

Lemons

THE FACTS:So one day an unbearable optimist looked at his life and thought, "Oh my life isn't so great it's like sour lemons, so what shall I do? I'll make lemonade!" And thus society is stuck with another pointless cliche!

THE POINT: I wanted to have a variety of opinions of how people saw this cliche so I took my esteemed colleagues and asked them to tell me what they thought they would do if life gave them lemons.

THE DISCUSSION:

THE PROFESSOR: When life gives me lemons I take them to my peers, analyze them, put them through strenuous testing and discard them because they have become mush!

THE PREACHER: Did the Lord receive lemons as a sign! NO, the Lord sent fish and bread to be scattered among the people! Lemons are a sign of the DEVIL and we must cast those lemons aside! The lord does not give lemons! He provides us with what we need and we don't need DEVIL LEMONS!!! Amen brothers and sisters!

ALL: Amen?

THE EMO/GOTH: Lemons are the darkest of all fruits, I embrace the lemons because they are all bright and sunny on the outside, but bite a lemon and you get its true soul, sour like the entire world that rejects all.

THE REALIST: LEMONS! Why would anyone want Lemons, they just sit there and rot!

THE WALLFLOWER:Well...

ALL: NOBODY CARES!

THE HIPPIE: When life gives me lemons I set the lemons free. I can't tell the lemons what to do! They are not my lemons but their own lemons and in being their own lemons they are free to live their lives as they need to. And by not imposing authority on the lemons, we become one world that loves and is apart of everything. Groovy huh?

THE CHILD:Teacher says, "If life gives you lemons make lemonade!" so I will because lemonade is yummy!

ME:Alrighty, thank you again for taking time from your busy schedules to assist in my thinking.

WHAT I THINK: So here it goes. When life gives you lemonade, make cranberry sauce and let people wonder how you made it!

1 comment:

  1. I saw a Flair on Facebook that said, "If life gives you lemons, but no other ingredients, like sugar, then that's still going to be some sucky lemonade."

    ReplyDelete